Under the direction of the General Manager and working with the baking team collaboratively, the Production Baker is responsible for the preparation of high-quality food in a timely, efficient, sanitary and consistent manner.
You must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively.
The Production Baker must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Production Baker will provide support, but are not limited to:
● Sets up workstation independently according to recipe guidelines
○ Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills
○ Has understanding and knowledge to properly use all equipment in the work station
● Manage needed supplies and inventory levels
○ Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift
● Assess the quality of raw supplies before baking
○ Ensures proper labeling of ingredients
○ Proper covering and storage of food items according to policy and procedures
● Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
○ Works at an efficient and consistent pace
○ Ensures timely preparation of all products
○ Ensures that the correct quantities are prepared to meet needs
■ Ensures customers orders are done on schedule
● Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications
○ Is able to accurately use a scale
○ Demonstrates mathematical competence
○ Is able to independently multiple or divide recipes
○ Understands the chemical and physical reactions involved in baking
○ Creates artistic creative and attractive products
● Ensures quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures
○ Cleaning , sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas, sweeping and mopping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces and walls
○ Cleaning of kitchen equipment during food preparation
● Prepares products in accordance with managing food allergies and food intolerances.
○ Supervise and direct assisting staffs activities to make sure that products are up to standards and no cross contamination occurs
● Follows proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention
○ Adheres to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
○ Reports any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures
● Ensures profitability by maintaining an accurate record of baking operations
○ Adheres to accurate packaging requirements
○ Practices conservation of materials and does not waste excess ingredients
● Assists with coordinating baking schedules to produce, breads, pies, pastries and cookies
○ Ingredient measurement
○ Dough mixing and kneading
○ Baking at correct temperature and time
○ Cooling process
○ Packaging process
● Conduct research to develop original recipes and products
● Coordinates and delegates assignments with culinary interns and other bakery staff
○ Ability to instruct and train new employees
● Demonstrates flexibility and volunteers to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
○ Stays productive at all times and prepares for the future needs as time allows
○ Arrives to work at the scheduled time
○ Completes assigned work and cleanup before leaving for the day.
○ Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed as requested by the General Manager
WORK CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
● Occasional lifting up to 50lbs.,repetitive arm, hand and finger movements, occasional bending and reaching.
● Ability to stand for long periods of time
● Ability to withstand exposure to hot and cold temperatures, such as when working near ovens or retrieving food from freezers
● Manual dexterity required to use knives and kitchen appliances
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
● Completion of a Culinary Arts program or related Food Services Management program with completion of 1 year kitchen experience
● Demonstrated knowledge of food and catering trends, quality, production, and sanitation controls.
● Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling required
● Effective communication and mathematical skills
● Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
● Attention to detail in ALL areas of work
● Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
● Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
● Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
● Able to work flexible hours to accommodate business requirements
○ Early mornings
○ Late evenings
○ Saturday and Sunday work schedules at times
Join Our Team!
Please complete the form to apply for a position with us.